Vice President's Diversity Leadership Retreat
Cultivating Leaders Committed to Advancing Justice
The Vice President’s Diversity Leadership Retreat (VPDLR) is an annual, two-day, immersive experience for The Ohio State University undergraduate students hosted by the Office of Student Life. The purpose of the VPDLR is to cultivate a space that allows students to explore their identities as well as their peers and the ways in which working with others from diverse backgrounds impacts leadership style and development.
As a result of participating in the VPDLR, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice
- Define leadership for social action
- Appreciate the role of critical self-reflection in critiquing leadership positionality
- Engage in meaningful cross-cultural dialogue
- Recognize systems of power and oppression and their own participation within these systems
- Empower others to engage in critical conversations about diversity
Save The Date
Vice President’s Diversity Leadership Retreat
Registration begins October 2020!
This year's theme: Moving Forward: Cultivating Leaders Committed to Advancing Justice
With indisputable social and systemic inequity across the country, more than ever, it is crucial that society cultivates leaders who are able to understand these systemic contexts and how they play vital roles in advancing the well-being of all populations, including those from underserved and historically marginalized communities within our State and on The Ohio State University Campus. The 2021 VPDLR hopes to empower students to move forward in social action advancing justice for all.
Our goal is to support and move forward the mission, vision, values and goals of The Ohio State University